Introducing... The Schwanbean!

On October 10th, we were at lunch discussing how often I should take a pregnancy test. We had stopped preventing (didn't want to put the "trying" label on it just yet) in early September and was assuming that my first post-pill Aunt Flow was late because my body was still adjusting to the lack of BC pill hormones. I had taken a pregnancy test 5 days prior that came out negative (not sure how legit the off-brand PT was), so at this point I was almost certain that testing once a week just to ensure it was hormones would suffice. 

We bought a 3 pack of tests (name brand - on sale, woohoo) and I decided to go ahead and take one that day...  To my surprise, two little pink lines emerged immediately. WHAT?!?  I didn't believe it, so a few hours later, I tested again.  Sure enough, we were pregnant!

Brent and I were in complete disbelief because we had heard so many stories about the length of time it takes couples to conceive.  Apparently, that was not God's plan for us. We were excited and scared and happy and freaked out... every emotion possible. 


Here is a shot of the first sonogram:



It looks more like a, well, bean, and less of a baby in this shot, but I was only 6 weeks when this was taken.  The bean has taken on more of a fetal appearance these days! Our little bean is due on June 19th, 2012 and we can''t wait to meet him/her.

Popular Posts