My Second Trimester... the second half

The second half of my Second Trimester, or as I like to call it, "the better half", passed in the blink of an eye! Before I knew it, I was done traveling outside of the DFW metroplex and my belly was ENORMOUS.  I remember the first few belly shots we took and posted online - I thought I was showing SOOO much. I had no idea how much larger my little boy would get in such a short period of time.


My belly button officially looks like a turkey timer, popped all the way out. Brent calls it my Cheerio. The middle portion is still an "innie" but through my shirt it looks like a Cheerio.   Speaking of Cheerios...


I have been consuming ridiculous amounts of cereal. At least one bowl per day... two when Brent is on shift.  It is the easiest meal to make and it comforts me for some reason.  No worries - I usually eat some fruit along with my cereal, so I am not just consuming milk and carbohydrates.  The one main benefit I can tell from the cereal overload is that I am not having to experience one of the most dreaded pregnancy symptoms (WARNING: POSSIBLE T.M.I. MOMENT): constipation.  I have been more regular than ever before and for those that know my wacky tummy, that is something to get "flushed" about.


I have had some baby showers already and very much look forward to the third, which is planned for April 15th.  My coworkers threw me a sweet baby shower on my last business trip to Houston.  I got a ton of fun stuff and some onesies that are just too darn cute. My coworkers must know me well because all of the onesies had dry humor and sarcasm written all over them!  My mother, along with Samantha, Heather, Jenna, Brittany and Monica, hosted a shower at her house in Katy.  It was circus-themed and, by-golly, the cutest darn baby shower I have ever seen.  My hostesses worked their little tails off and they pulled of such an amazing shower - more than I could have hoped for.  I will get some pictures up on Facebook soon!


In addition to not sleeping well (probably should get used to that), I have been growing and growing and growing and growing.  Luckily, I haven't gained too much weight yet. although, it sure feels like it.  I am glad the weather was warmed up so that I can wear dresses.  Wearing the same 2 or 3 pairs of pants all the time has been getting taxing.  


All in all, I feel pretty marvelous.  I always get asked how I am feeling and my answer is always, "great."  

Popular Posts