Happy 50th Mom!

My very first shot at intricate cake making - Yes, this one is covered in fondant,
 and no, I did not have cake pans shaped liked a 5 and a 0.
A few weeks ago my mom, Richelle, celebrated a big birthday...
and to celebrate, we had a surprise party for her!
(Hopefully she doesn't get upset that I just informed the World Wide Web that she did in fact turn the big 5-0).

We were very happy that everything went off without a hitch. The day of the party she returned from a month long business trip to the lovely city of Midland, Michigan and was looking forward to spending the evening at home relaxing and unpacking.  Obviously, we had other plans, but we were afraid that we wouldn't be able to get her over to the Konesheck's house, where we we holding the party. In order to make sure she did make it over to Heather and Michael's, Heather and I wove an incredibly intricate web of lies, including having her 4 year old daughter call and lie to my mom (shameful, I know)... but it more than worked!  The day of the party, she tried to come visit her babies (Tegan and Cainan, Heather's kids) in the middle of the day. Of course Heather lied and said she was in town shopping, so my mom VOLUNTEERED to come over after dinner, which was the plan all along.  WOOHOO!

She was so surprised (even though Tegan ran outside to greet us and told my mom, "Chelle, we have a surprise for you!" It's cute that she doesn't understand the secretive aspect of surprise parties.

The party was awesome and my mom really enjoyed herself.  I hope that she felt a ton of love from all of those who showed up.   Happy Birthday, Mom.

Popular Posts