Months Four, Five and Six!

My apologies for being SO BEHIND.  With the holidays, I fear the blog updates have fallen to the bottom of the priority list.

Month Four.
We mastered holding up our head at the end of Month Three and that was a fun trick indeed.

Brent went through driver school the first 10 days of October, leaving me and Boone to fend for ourselves for several days, which, in all honesty, was fine because I love that little booger. We visited a pumpkin patch for the first time in early October with the Land family. I think this is something we may try to make an annual event.  I would love to have a shot to the two boys each year, side by side, to see how they grow. The first year's shot was honestly hysterical.  They look like grumpy, old men... if grumpy, old men were ADORABLE!
Boone and Keiser, 3-4 Months



We made a trip to Houston because Brent had some time off work. While in Houston, we celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary.  My mom kept Boone for us while we went to dinner and a movie.  Not a huge wedding anniversary celebration, I know; but these days getting out of the house alone is soooo romantic.  It was a peaceful and wonderful evening.  While we are in Houston, we always get to visit with so many people. This trip, the highlight was getting to meet Boone's "cousins" Brennin and Westin Konesheck.  They were born about a month prior to our visit, and they were still so tiny.  Boone was never this small, at least not that I can remember. While I enjoy watching my baby boy grow and turn into the funny, little man God intended, it makes me sad that he is already so big.
Westin

Brennin

 On our back to Colleyville from Houston, we made a pit stop in College Station and visited the Partridge Family Tailgate.  It was so great to see all of our friends.  Honestly, most of them I hadn't seen since before Boone was born.  Having an infant makes it quite difficult to get out often.  We enjoyed ourselves, but by the time we hit the road to head home, Booney was super-de-dooper tired and fussy.  We got him to sleep after we fed him and changed him into his jammies by creating our own white noise a la windows and sunroof cracked. 

We closed month four with our little Boone baby turning 4 Months old.  He was strong enough to sit up in the bumbo chair and was in a great mood for the photo shoot.



Month Five. 
Month five started out with Halloween! I spent hours the month prior working on a costume for Boone.  I realize that it is much simpler to go out and buy a costume that my child will wear for only a few short minutes, but he was the best looking lion I've ever seen. Plus, I wanted him to look unique, which I think we totally accomplished. The only problem I ran into was the weight of the mane.  It was made of a very thick yarn and lots of it!  It was worth it though, especially since he only needed to wear it once... er, twice in our case.   Keiser and Kayla and Samantha and Thomas joined us at our home in Colleyville.  Boone was very unhappy by the end of the day and lasted all of 10 minutes (if that) in his costume.  We ended up doing pictures a few days after, which actually worked out perfectly because he was all smiles that day.  The pictures of him next to that pumpkin melt my heart every time I look at them.




Biggest news that happened this month was we resumed exclusively breastfeeding.  Previously, we had issues with his latch, so I was pumping and bottle feeding.  I decided to give it a go again because I was soo tired of washing bottles and, actually, I loathed the pump (still do).  Good news: it worked wonderfully.  Now I am not sure if I ever want to stop (yes, I promise not to be one of those folks still nursing my four year old).  I will likely reconsider after Boone's top teeth start coming in... yikes, barracuda baby!

By the end of month five, Booney was sitting up tripod style.  I was so proud of him!



Month Six.
What a fun month this has been! So many huge things happened this month! We kicked off the month with mommy's birthday!  Boone and I share the same day of the month (21) for our birthday, so he celebrated the beginning of his 6th month when I celebrated the beginning of my 28th year!    Shortly after, we celebrated Thanksgiving at Bruce and Debbie's house. There were 27 people there! It was so great to see so much family under one roof.  We also managed to squeeze everyone in a picture!

The morning of our Thanksgiving celebration, which happened to be on Friday, not Thursday, I noticed a strange feeling when I was feeding Boone, but ignored it.  He was increasingly fussy all morning and he grabbed my finger to chew on.  OUCH!  there was a tooth there.  Mr. Boone had gotten his first tooth.  Shortly after (within 2 weeks) tooth number two was coming in, and by the end of month six, our little guy had two pearly whites gleaming in the bottom of this mouth. 

A few weeks into December, we got to meet Justin's girlfriend, Heather, and her son, Shelby, and we fell in love with both of them immediately.  We are so excited and can't wait to add them to our family someday!  During our get together, the girls got a chance to sport our guys' letter jackets from high school.  Hopefully, Brent's will fit Boone someday better than it fit me. 

The last day of month six, Boone visited the pediatrician for his 6 month check up.  His giant head is finally coming more into proportion with his body.  His head circumference has been in the 94th percentile, but measured in at the 88th percentile during this visit (his weight and height have always been around the 30th percentile).  Massive head aside, Mr. Boone mastered sitting up on his own!  Love you, stinker!

Popular Posts