Poofy, Pouty Lips

Don't ask me how it happened, but I got myself some poofy lips this past weekend.  I wish I had pictures to show you, but then again maybe not... its not a pleasant site.

So I wake up Saturday morning and my top lip is a little swollen.  I am thinking, "dang, I look kind of hot with these AngelinaJolie-esque lips."  My hubby agreed because he made my coffee for me because I was "so sexy."  They got a little bigger as the day went on, so I decided to stop using the toothpaste I had just switched back to - this was the toothpaste I used right before my wedding to whiten my teeth, but it did not affect me back then.

Saturday was not the end of it.  Sunday morning the lips were bigger and throughout the day my cheeks started to swell and sores started to develop inside my mouth.  The worst part was how HUGE the gland under my tongue swelled to.  Gross, I know.  At the end of the day eating solid food was painful. I took a lot of Advil and retired for the night.

Monday morning was the culmination of it all. The pain in my mouth woke me up before Brent's alarm clock went off, so I stumbled out of bed and into the bathroom only to find out that my lips were massive and my cheeks were puffy.  I now looked like a chipmunk version of Angelina Jolie. Hot. I almost wish I had taken a picture to post because, even though I was crying about it, it was hilarious!


I got to the doctor and he prescribed me all sorts of goodies, mainly because he wasn't sure what was going on with my mouth.  My diet for the past few days has been one I am sure most toothless elderly nursing home inhabitants eat: yogurt, soup, smoothies, and mooshy fruit - NOM NOM.  I have learned a few things though...


Words of Wisdom for those with Mysterious Mouth Sores and Poofy Faces: avoid the following - chips, spicy dip, citrus, straws, really minty toothpaste and incredibly hot or cold drinks. All of these things hurt. Ouchie.


Now if only I could find a natural way to keep my lips cute and pouty...



Popular Posts