This Fall thus far.

I feel like a lot has happened in the past few months and I haven't even had time to sit down and chat about it. 


Our First Anniversary
Brent and I celebrated our 1st Wedding Anniversary under the stars.  Instead of the classic paper gifts for the 1st anniversary, we bought ourselves a fancy tent and reserved a campsite at Lake Somerville.  
Everything was so peaceful and fun, save the massive allergy attack I happened to be suffering from. Sleeping outside while the ragweed count was ultra high was probably not the brightest idea, but we sure enjoyed the scenery.  I think a box of Puffs, several allergy pills and a raw nose were well worth it. 


We went on a hike after we got everything all set up, and saw a doe just grubbing out along the trail. She didn't even run when we got close - she just looked up like, "hey guys, what's up?"  When we got back, we cooked some weenies and ate hotdogs.  Brent built a pretty good fire that he was VERY proud of - if you talk to him, tell him you heard it was pretty epic.  We hung out around the fire the rest of the night and turned in really early, probably around 8:30 or 9.  Lame, I know, but also awesome. 
Aforementioned epic fire
Our year old wedding cake
The next morning, our actual anniversary. we got up, cooked breakfast, and ate the top of our cake (well, a few bites).  Brent LOVED the cake and thought it tasted delicious.  In fact, he munched on the cake all week long.  Just the idea that the cake had been sitting around for a year totally eeked me out.  It was still moist, and while most people prefer a moist cake, I couldn't convince myself that the moisture was a good thing.


We got home and my loving husband took me to see a movie, eat pizza and drink beer.  It was a wonderful anniversary and I can't wait to spend many, many more together.


The Stewart-Hauck Nuptials
Brittany and Chris got married on October 30, 2010 in Horseshoe Bay, TX. It was a beautiful wedding. The ceremony overlooked the lake and the reception was at the incredible Marriott Resort.  Brittany's dress was B-E-AUTIFUL and she looked drop dead gorgeous! It was great to get to see those two love birds tie the knot and I loved reconnecting with some friends I haven't seem in a while.  


Kendall and Stephanie's Wedding
We had another wedding to attend the following weekend... my quasi little brother, Kendall, got married to his love, Stephanie on November 6, 2010 in Lockhart, TX.  They were wed by Kendall's brother-in-law, Scott in a gazebo surrounded by water fountains.  The reception was a blast and Kendall and Stephanie looked SO happy!
The next day we ventured around downtown Lockhart. This time, Samantha was the one having the massive allergy attack.  It is cotton harvesting season and, we're just guessing, but we think she is allergic to the cotton plant.  Cotton was everywhere!  
Lockhart, TX Courthouse
 While in Lockhart, we treated ourselves to Lockhart barbeque. We visited Black's BBQ, which was delicious!
Brent ate a spare rib the size of my cat, and we all completely stuffed our faces.


After all of those fun times and crazy road trips, we moved to Arlington, TX... more on that later though. I'm all bloggered out.

Popular Posts