We're Moving to Arlington

Most of you have already heard the news by now, but we are moving to Arlington!  Brent's dream of becoming a firefighter is becoming a reality.  In October, he received an offer from the Arlington Fire Department, and on November 5th, he started his first training class - he will be a fully certified firefighter by the end of May 2011. We are stoked!  This is the step we've been itching to take for so long now.

Boy, am I glad we moved in with my mom back in April. If we hadn't, the whirlwind of craziness we are in right now would be 10 times crazier because we'd be tied down to a lease. We found a cute little town less than half a mile away from where Brent will be working and I came to an agreement with my current employer to work from home. Everything worked out - thank you, God! Couldn't have done it without you, Man!  
We officially move into our new home on November 13th, and I can't wait. I can't wait to be surrounded by my stuff again... my furniture, my cooking utensils, my pots and pans, MY SPACE!  


It's been quite an adventure going through all of this fire testing. The tough times were well worth it though. I am so proud of Brent and I can't wait to see him in a firefighter's uniform.  I am even pushing for a calendar page - I think he'd be a perfect Mr. August, yeah?

Popular Posts