36 Weeks - Commence the Countdown!

Officially less than 1 month left in my pregnancy!  Meeting our baby boy has the potential to be any day at this point, and we are so excited.  His nursery is almost completely finished, with the exception of a few minor details that, let's be honest, he won't really notice are missing.  Crib - check, dresser - check, rocker - check, changing area - check, stroller - check, car seat and bases - check - WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED? Please don't answer that as it was meant to be rhetorical...

Ay my doctor's appointment on Wednesday May 16, my cervix was 50% effaced and 1cm dilated.  Doesn't necessarily mean labor is impending, but it is nice to know that things are moving along. I will take a free centimeter or two before actual labor begins.  We have been continuing to do the activities mentioned in my previous blog post to hopefully help move things along, and we hope that at the next appointment, we get kudos for another step in the right direction. 

I am gearing up for my departure at work - not slowing down necessarily, but teaming up with colleagues so that they are aware of what I am working on. No secret projects at this point.  Next week on Wednesday 5/30 is my last scheduled client office visit in Ennis, TX. It also marks Week 37 Day 2 and our little guy will officially be considered "term"... after that point I am confined to the general vicinity or traveling only with a partner/friend/husband - just in case.

Another part of our preparation, and for the shear sanity of our parents, is getting into the habit of leaving voicemails each time we call them and they don't answer.  On Tuesday May 22nd, Brent called both of his parents with a real estate question and since they were both in a meeting, they missed his call.  After their meeting, upon realizing that they both missed a call from Brent, Bruce and Debbie had a small panic moment and called us back right away. Sorry for the minor heart arrhythmia, Schwanbecks.  They requested that we begin leaving voicemails - good idea!  So, the next day, I call my mom as I head out for my evening walk and since she  did not answer I left her a voicemail, which was certainly a new habit for me (mom always calls back, no need to leave a voicemail).  Well, since it was out of the norm for me to leave a voicemail, my mom had a small panic moment. Sorry for the minor heart arrhythmia, Mom, but now you know. 

I think that about wraps it up for this blog post.  Hopefully the next one you see will have shots of me holding my wrinkly little stinker in my arms at the hospital!

Popular Posts