Third Trimester - Getting There!

I am getting bigger everyday and so is our little man! 


We went to the doctor on Monday April 30th, and our baby boy was measuring over 5 pounds, which is almost a week ahead of where he should be... ah, my little bruiser!  The size of my bean man makes me a little more nervous about delivery, but gives me comfort in knowing that he is healthy and definitely not undersized (about the 60th percentile for babies of his gestational age).  


  Although Schwanbean was uncooperative with the ultrasound tech, yet again, we got to see him on the sonogram. He has the cutest face, complete with chubby cheeks (courtesy of his momma) and pouty lips (not sure where those came from).  I've posted those on my fridge at home and every time I pass them I stare for a moment and try to figure out who he looks like.  Regardless of who he looks like, I am so excited to meet him and love on him.  Here are some of the shots from the sono...




Don't you just love him!?  Ok, ok, probably not since he isn't your child, BUT you cannot deny how stinkin' cute he is! 

The Third Trimester is moving along swimmingly with little to no bumps in the road.  I had a scare last week, but it wasn't anything to be medically concerned about - just a 4 hour series of really strong Braxton Hicks contractions.  Scared the daylights out of me, but after some reassurance from my paramedic brother-in-law and EMT husband, who was on shift with 7 other firefighters, I slept soundly through the night. I did have my first official freak-out of the pregnancy, but I know I need to take comfort in the fact that he will come at the perfect time (as my lovely roommate, Hannah, always reminds me).  Just hope it is in the next few weeks!

Since our little guy is not so little in terms of his gestational size, we've started taking measures to "evict" him a little sooner than 40 weeks. We are walking OFTEN, doing other adult, ahem, activities, as recommended by my OB, and at my next appointment, the doctor said she may be ready to start ripening my cervix - sounds gross and I am not sure what it entails, but if it gets this bruiser out of me BEFORE he reaches 10 pounds, I am game.

Get excited, y'all, because I feel like the countdown has commenced!

Popular Posts